Healthe Care is committed to delivering the best possible care to its patients and maintains an integrated risk management framework across all its facilities.
To ensure that we meet and exceed all our clinical governance requirements our Group has adopted:
- A governance system for managing risk across the domains of clinical, personal, environmental and corporate risk;
- A technical support system which identifies, notifies, evaluates and tracks risk; and
- A culture of risk awareness and risk management.
Healthe Care have also established a National Risk & Quality Management Committee that is responsible for the overall strategic co-ordination of risk management across Healthe Care including:
- Reviewing all sentinel events and medico legal cases.
- Determining patterns from data analysis across every site.
- Recommending changes to policies, procedures or processes to relevant committees, or personnel.
- Developing strategies for long and short-term risk management for Healthe Care.
- Making strategic decisions regarding risk management for all sites.
Our hospital by-laws ensure that solid relationships exist with our medical staff and that processes are in place to identify any issues before they arise. Regular review processes are undertaken to maintain the most current and effective means of operation, clinical policies, competences and pathways.