Healthe recognises that success is not only measured on profits and growth but is also attributed to the way in which we relate to our patients, employees and community. We believe that by integrating our financial performance with non-financial criteria we will enhance the value for all our stakeholders.
Our Corporate Responsibility framework governs the way in which we conduct our business and the outcomes of our actions. Healthe accepts responsibility for the impact of its activities on stakeholders, employees, doctors, patients, communities and the environment. We are focused on creating long term value for our shareholders and investors, managing risk and building a culture of open and transparent communications.
We are committed to providing quality care and technology to our patients and the communities in which we operate while reducing the environmental impact of our businesses.
These core principles are supported by four key objectives:
1) Increase demand through the provision of high quality services. We do this by:
- providing services which meet patient needs,
- delivering the most effective treatments;
- achieving best practice in safe patient care;
- building and maintaining trust and support of our customers, stakeholders and communities in which we operate.
2) Continue to develop operations through effective management by:
- Balancing consideration for short and long-term interests;
- Managing risks effectively;
- Lowering costs through business and resource efficiency while minimising waste;
- Working with our suppliers to achieve policy outcomes in our operations and delivery of services;
- Delivering support for our local business unit management.
3) Position the business to capture future growth opportunities by:
- Optimising individual business unit performance;
- Strengthening risk and capital management;
- Improving core infrastructure;
- Strengthening governance and accountability;
- Leveraging our capabilities for growth.
4) Build a mandate as a respected employer and provider of healthcare, workplace health and community care services by:
- Attracting and retaining a diverse, skilled and motivated group of employees;
- Living by our corporate principles and behaviours;
- Complying with legislation along with external and internal standards / policies;
- Being open and honest about our performance;
- Providing opportunities for stakeholders to provide feedback;
- Maintaining responsible environmental policy – managing our environmental impacts both direct and indirect.
Our Corporate Responsibility framework seeks to make available the values and principles that are vital to our decision making. These policies and practices have developed over time and reflect among other things our core values:
People above all else
Provide our employees, clients and stakeholders with leadership that is inspirational and encourages them to be the best they can be. We listen, recognise and reward our people’s achievements.
Enjoyment through work/life balance
Our philosophy is based on the belief that work/life conflicts impact on employee satisfaction and enjoyment within the workplace.
We focus on providing employees with flexible work arrangements to enable them to participate in the workforce and fulfil their family and lifestyle commitments.
Provide a transparent environment where people are treated with dignity, respect and understanding. We are open and honest in our dealings with fellow employees, our clients and stakeholders.
Optimism, creativity and initiative
We encourage vitality, enthusiasm and creativity from our employees, clients and stakeholders. We believe that diversity breeds a creative and optimistic environment.
Determination to succeed
Provide an environment where people are encouraged to think beyond the traditional boundaries and be the best they can be. We believe that empowering and supporting our people breeds success.
We are committed to working with our employees, clients and stakeholders to promote and advance the organisation in a professional manner.